Today while looking at someone's album online I came across a picture of a little girl, no older than 12 or so and she had a humungus GUT much bigger than that of a 3 month pregnant woman, yet she is in elementary school. What is going on here? Why does your young daughter have so much weight in her abdomen if there isn't a child growing in it? This is not to single out one child or one mother because this clearly is an issue in MANY families across the globe. We live in a world of super size, buy one get one free. the Big Gulp cups from the gas stations, and All you Can Eat buffets. Am I the only one appalled by the all you can eat restaurants? I just do not see the point of forcing yourself to eat alllll that you possibly can for a small fee of $11.99 like food is going out of style. This is gluttony. I drove by McDonalds on the way to work this morning and the drive through line was wrapped around the building. Not only are those people eating unhealthy food it is also indigestible which is why after all your sit-ups and crunches the stomach does not deflate because the food does not contain any good nutrients for your body to absorb just fat, sugar, salt and grease. Have you ever seen the 4 year old McDonalds hamburger video from diet.com on youtube? If not definitely check it out, I would have shared it here but they don't allow you to obtain a link.
Overall my concern is that people either do not have the knowledge as to what proper foods they should be consuming, do not have the financial income to purchase healthy foods OR they simply do not care. If you are interested in changing your outlook on the way you eat, watch Food Inc. or Super size ME. I guarantee you will not think the same afterwards.
This is a picture of an unhealthy youth girl:
This is a picture of a healthy weight for a young girl:
Yes both of them are of different ages but neither of them should have a gut the size of Rhode Island.
If you are a mother of an overweight child please do them some justice by buying healthier foods and making them exercise more than just their thumbs on a keyboard.
P.S. Please excuse my tone if it sounds harsh but this type of thing is very upsetting to me. I'm offended for the child for having to walk around looking like that.
Have an awesome weekend ladies & gents!