Popular Post

Girls Night Out with Shecky's







Today I ventured to the lovely Biltmore hotel with one of my great girlfriends, Nija. She actually put me on the fabulous event thrown in honor of 'Girls Night Out.' I usually enjoy getting off early and trekking back up north to my humble abode but I actually looked forward to visiting various vendor stations, getting my goodie bag and sipping on that complimentary cocktail. The party started at 5:30, we met up and chatted along the walk to the Biltmore on sunny W Peachtree. We were kindly greeted by some cute security guards and after showing ID we entered the pristine hotel to sign in for our Shecky's adventure. I got my red wristband, point card and goodie bag ticket to boot.







Before entering the first room we stopped at the 'lush' station for a cocktail lol I got the sangria and Nija opted for the mojito. My Bacardi Sangria was OK it didn't send me over the hill in feeling tipsy heaven but that was fine because we had some shopping to do. There were so many cool vendors there. One sold sexy underwear. I even saw some 'Bride' panties but they had too much coverage for my taste LOL There were a lot of boutiques selling great pieces ranging from 10 bucks to the 100's for shoes and silk dresses. I saw a pair of Bronx shoes priced at $109 and I knew I could find them elsewhere for under 50 so I chose responsibly and avoided the impulse. I felt bad because the owner was sporting them and they looked FAB on her ;0( *shrug* lol Nija was in the market for a new bag and she bought this fabulous light blue one below.











Anyway I found the most amazing candle company. I've been looking for some good candles since I bought my house because I have a lot of space and no candle ever seems to linger in the air for longer than 30 minutes but THIS company is heaven sent. It is called The Fifth & Madison collection. I purchased the Orange Blossom scent for my bedroom. You could smell his candles throughout the entire lobby and both ballrooms of the Biltmore so you KNOW they have some kick! I'm in heaven. I wish I bought 2 dang it! Nija bought some of his body butter, all the scents were simply divine ;0)





If you are interested you can find Shane Nassar at http://www.the5thandmadisoncollection.com/.











Dermalogica was also in the house and I've been wanting to try their line out. I recently was given some cleanser and oil reducing lotion by my threading stylist at Arches at Lenox. I loved the lotion and read great reviews on this line from The Moptop Maven so since they were selling their trial kit for 22 bucks at Shecky's I had to get in on the goodies. They even gave me a free daily microexfoliant. I used the cleanser already and after a few weeks will write a review on my skin after using Dermalogica.


(Sorry I didn't get her smiling lol ) oops ;0)




There were also lots of makeup and jewelry vendors. I saw a few nice bracelets but I was desperately trying not to be an impulse shopper. I NEEDED that candle lol ;0) I loved the architecture of the Biltmore, I had only been in that building one other time it is the perfect backdrop for a wedding but I'm sure their prices are quite steep! Check out the tiling on the ceiling!




FBR Cosmetics, this MUA was doing a lovely peacocky eyeshadow look that I plan to duplicate lol 



She has some beautiful curly hair. Love it!










Dope bracelets! Those are the Bronx pinkish brown lace up wedges I wanted on top smh 






The best eye candy of the evening ;)




Nija is cheesing lol 








So here is my Pretty Girl Rock outfit of the day and YES Lord I wore those heels all day smh I decided to sport one of my new digs from F21, this tribal pencil skirt. I love it! 
Check out my Youtube channel (Dominiquelovely) to see what else I scored!








A few things gifted to us in our Shecky's Goodie Bag yay treats!
I purchased the Dermalogica and Fifth candle with my own money