Popular Post

Perturbed Penelope

"Everyone is getting engaged BUT ME!" Perturbed Penelope writes to the Lipstick Diva: It's definitely that time of year, I used to love the summer time but all of a sudden I'm in my late 20's and all the long-term couples I know are getting engaged. What gives? I mean I'm ready too damnit! I've heard story after story about the oh so romantic proposals. I really am happy for them I am, but it does sting a little I have to admit. One couple is on the younger side (23 and 25) and that stung even more because my boyfriend and I are a few years older than they and have been dating for almost 2 years. I really fel ready for us to take that step or for atleast for him to acknowledge that he is planning on getting me a ring and it's frustrating to hear these stories when it is something that I really want for us too. I've talked to my boyfriend about our future very recently, and we both agreed we do want to get married, and he reassured me that he loves me and it will happen, but when is the question on my mind? I guess for now, I just have to wait it out though. But it doesn't make it any easier on me when I hear about all these these other men getting down on one knee while my guy isn't quite there yet. It feels impossible to ignore! I'm not saying that I'm trying to keep up with those around me but for everything that we've been through in our relationship, our current age and what we've discussed as a future together I can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't yet initiated going to even look at rings. I mean come on! What gives? Any advice to get my mind off of it and relax? --Perturbed Penelope So what advice would you give Perturbed Penelope for her situation? Is 2 years 2 soon to be speaking of engagement? I don't think so given the details she listed. If she feels ready then who is anyone to say it's too soon? The only deciding factor is if HE is ready? BUT one thing is for sure trying to pressure your man into proposing is NOT the way to go! Alot of people have been pressured and end of in divorce court because they weren't ready. Do men typically drag out the entire engagement, buying the ring process for as long as you will hold your breath or if he was truly ready to take the plunge he would do it before she could blink an eye. What about those couples that meet and are engaged within 6 mths? What's the secret in how quickly they were able to fall in love? Especially for those that did that and have been married for 20 plus years? Overall I think if you have time to wait then wait but if you feel like he will take longer than you are willing to hold on then have that talk with him and cut your losses. Lipstick Diva ;0)