Popular Post

cool, cool people and cool cool things...





New Favorite Photogrpaher...Nicole Anne Robbins
Had the wonderful oppertunity to work with her. I love her photos because they are so minimal in setting and usually in makeup and styling and yet she somehow combines these abstract angles and lighting to create such bold and creative images. They are sexy, porvactive, aluuring and kind of quirky. Her photos really make you think twice about the concept.I also think she shoots nudity very well. She makes it artistic rather than just flat out sexy. Love love her work...
nicoleannerobbins.com check out her website...lots more awesome work!

Feeling much better than I was the other day, thank god.
I have been listening to a lot of mood enhancing music lately. For some reason listening to sad music when I am depressed somehow makes me feel better? Kind of a strange concept....but nonetheless true.

Here is my little playlist of the week...

The Brianjonestown Massacre- I've been waiting
Neil Young-down by the river
Elliott Smith-twilight
M. Ward-chineese translation
Zion I-silly puddy
Blonde redhead-misery is a butterfly
Band of horses-the funeral
Interpol-leif erikson
Bright Eyes-lua
Mazzy Star-look on down from the bridge

Pretty good "feel bad" music...haha but hey, these songs have been inspiring me to write some of my own poetry again

Here is a poem that I wrote the other night after going for a short drive in failed attempts to "clear my head" whatever that means...



Last drive with you

It's been two weeks and
it still feels new
and i desperately try
not to think of you...

the shadows in the night
and the dreams,
and the pain of
love's destined
bite

let me go, let me go.
and it won't.

So I took i drive on a chilly night
trying to forget when you said
you could make everything alright.
i lost again
congratulationts to you
for winning youe fight.

I let the wind drive my car-
for me, in hopes
that I could
erase you from my twisted
memory.

The wind was cold
and the air was old
the shadows came back
and my memeory of you
began to unfold.

haunting me was
shadows of lust
and then-
raindrops poured down on my
head bathing me carelessly
in abused trust.

I drove and I drove
and peered down darkness avenue
of vinatge memories and everything else
that I will never get ro renew.

i found your moldy coke can
in the back seat
where together
we laid
and I
had my last heartbeat.

Velvet underground played
sweet jane, sweet jane
just like when we left
the camp site
you made
where i looked across the lake
and wished upon the star over your head
that this sickly happiness
would never, ever fade.

The golden street light burned me
so i turned onto grand street
where i last went down on you
and i last held you and had you
and silently thanked you
and told you once again that
"i love you."

You said it back...
though your heart turned black.
everything you said in
your 4-runner on october 4th
on it's lost night...
murderous words...
murderous words...
and now there is no light.

The reasoning was stale
inside me, your truth
slowly unveiled and cutting me open with a poisonous
knife
like the most neauseating of turbulence
in a never ending flight...
please don't leave
please don't prove me right.

The wind took me home
and now I am all, all
alone.
I remember your smile,
and how i could see it glow from your eyes
here comes the knife again...
such a sickening surprise

sad, alone, and
i wish you'd fall off your throne

"love." silly, silly word.
though you said it yourself
"i am here for you!" and
"i love you!"

i love you too...
how could you?

How could you?

-Mia Maguire
october 2009