Popular Post

style files


On Nov. 17th, some of fashion's biggest stars stepped out to honor new talent in the fashion design world, at Diane Von Furstenburg's CFDA awards in NYC. As usual the event was packed with a list to D list celebrities, new designers, famous designers, heirresses, runway models, editors, etc. The winner for this year? Sofie Theallet. Here are some photos from the posh event...


The lovely Lily Donaldson


Timeless beauty, Nicole Kidman with Lanvin's
Alber Elbaz


model Anja Rubik


Blake Lively


Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte


CFDA founder Diane Von Furstenberg with the three finalists.


Vogue editor in cheif, Anna Wintour


Ashley Olsen


My favorite, Alexander Wang with the Traina sisters
(whoever they are...)

Best Dressed:
Ashley Olsen. I love her sophisticated and mature style. While she wears fashion and trends that are, in theory, for women decades older than herself, she seems to always pull off the simplicity of the designs in such a beautiful way that I have never seen anyone else. I love the silohuette of this dress and the color is absolutely stunning on her. WOWOW. She looked amazing.
Worst Dressed:
Surpirse, surprise...Blake Lively. I'm sorry I know she has been dubbed the new all american sweetheart but the girl does not know how to dress in general and, for her body type. She always manages to make the most elegant looks somehow look cheap, trashy, and sloppy. I love this simple, fuchia hued shift dress but I would have loved to see it on someone like Nicole Kidman. I just don't understand why someone with such a nice, tall, figure always manages to look as if she is squeezing into her clothing. Anyway, nothing personal to Blake but this did not work for me.


Cool Colabs...
Luckily for us "frugalistas," (not by choice!), there are a bunch of really great designer collaborations. Rodarte has designed a line for Target's infamous and usually pleaseing, GO international line, Sexy shoo designer Jimmy Choo has come out with an affordable line for trendy bargain super-shop H&M, and quirky designer Christopher Kane has designed a fabulous line for british shop TopShop.  Kane and Choo's lines are availible currently and Rodarte's target line will arrive in stores on Dec. 20th. Here are some looks from each collection! Pretty impressive.


Rodarte for Target
(I apologize for the low grade photos but finding them was quite a hassle. Apparently images of the upcoming collection were leaked to Ebay and then were forced to be removed by every site! I had no idea that keeping the line's details secret was such a scandal!) The line, from the limited photos I saw however, looked quite stunning.


Well this photo pretty much speaks for itself. Sexy


From everything I have seen thus far, Kane's line has impressed and tempted me the most. I love his use of vibrant colors mixed with a majority of neutrals and black. I love how he mixed quirky, girlie pieces with tougher, sexier, and kind of biker girl ones. Check out the rest of the line on topshop.com
its suppppppeerrr awesome.
ME like.