Popular Post

you are the smell before the rain

Hello All!
I wanted to apologize for my lack of posts in almost an astonishing TWO WEEKS! I have been terribly busy with my school work as well as coming down with a nasty cold/cough/sinus problem! Also, though I have been keeping up with the fashion industry (especially with the lovely shows in Milan that I have neglected to post on), there has been so much tradgedy in general going on in the world as well as in my own community that have been kind of, haunting and consuming all of my thoughts. I know that many of the individuals that read my blog do not live in the same area as me and also may or may not know me personally but, since the purpose of this blog is to, first and foremost, express and illustrate my thoughts and feelings on particular interests and issues, I wanted to briefly dedicate at least one post to an innocent 17 year old girl who lost her life last Thursday Feb. 25th in a community close to me, Rancho Bernardo, CA. 
Chelsea King was a star track student with a 4.0 grade point average in senior class at school. She was just on a run in a local hiking range in a "good", and considerably affluent area in town when she was brutally murdered only to have her lifeless body dumped into Lake Hodges. This obscene atrocity has been disturbing my thoughts since they found her body this week. Every inch of my heart goes out to her family and friends who are dealing with the loss of presence as we speak as well as living with the fact that she was grusomely murdered for absolutely no reason at all. 
What is even more disturbing to me, is that the sick and evil man who murdered her was a convicted sex offender who had previously been in jail for the rape and sexual assault of an innocent thirteen year old girl. After being in jail despite the judges adomment warning, he was released less than six months ago. WHY THE FUCK would anyone ever release someone despite the judges cautions???? This makes me sick to my stomach. This is not an issue of OOPsies, he made one single mistake and learned his lesson. Someone who sexually abuses innocent females or males for that matter, is someone who is mentally ill. This isn't an issue to be taken with lightly as this particular instance has clearly illustrated at the cost of an beautiful young woman's life. 
People who commit these inexcusable an atrocious crimes are not going to change. They have neurological and biological mental issues that inhibit them to have these awful thoughts and therefor perform these atrocities. They will no change and they will not be cured!!!
Of course, as citizens they have rights that need to be protected. I understand this concept. However, at the cost of innocent young people, with a whole life ahead of them?? NO, absolutely not.
There needs to be a ONE STRIKE law against these sex offenders. They are not going to change. This isn't a one time mistake, these individuals suffer from mental issues that even with the use of strong medications often times, cannot be helped. Put the innocent first, PLEASE.


CSOM.org

This is no longer an issue about being a just, fair, and constitutionally correct society. At this point, the focus and concern needs to return to protecting the LIVES of young individuals who are losing ALL of their rights to the atrocity of murder. Let's PLEASE get our priorities straight. 


I will be resuming my regular and fashion related posts in this coming week and I again, apologize for my lack of them recently. I just wanted to justify and explain what my mind has been focusing on and to dedicate a post to this beautiful, young woman who lost her life to the powers of the evil. I am so saddened this week and will continue to mourn her death as well as pray for her family in this tragic time. 

Rest In Peace Chelsea King.