Popular Post

Milk&Honey

















I remember you sun stricken with 
blades glimmering and your ears open
while you hummed along to coney island baby
and didn't know what to say because it was hard to
open your mouth other than to let the smile out
and Now that the last three leaves have fallen and the
air is bare and their is no more rides in my car
and no more warm winds whispering smiles
across our hair 
the wind wilting with willingness and 
and the tar ground alive and it glitters
in golden litter
with the anxious darkness, alive with secrets
he beats down upon us, far more relived there after
and now that the stars are shattered and sprinkled;
you're gone now with the last breath of a summer
your absence radiates the cold and brings each 
season back to life and then all the way back to 
death again
and I miss your numbing absence and the way 
my ears ring in response to your fallen silence

and now that you're gone I am cold
and all heaters are broken and I listen to coney
island baby over and over
and crimson and clover and I grow with it, without you
your absence shines upon windhsileds and smiles
with me everywhere and bring back the taste of summer when I am not but
I still am your coney island baby 

and now that you're gone my heater cannot turn on and
and it is so much harder to press the gas to go faster and
now that you're gone it, you are with me more and more
and it is much harder to move 
foward

-mm

*lately tunes:

-Nick Drake- pink moon, milk and honey
-Cass McCombs-You saved my life and What Isn't nature
Mirah- sweepstakes prize
-The Fiery Furnaces- french navy
- Bon Iver- roslyn
-Elliott Smith- Waltz #2
-Big Star- thirteen
-Leonard Cohen- suzanne and famous blue raincoat
-The Dirty Projectors-stillness is the move
-Lou Reed- Coney island baby