Popular Post

Save the Date





Yay I'm so excited, yesterday my honey and I officially set the date with our wedding venue in St. Lucia. I will be exchanging my vows on August 5, 2011 whoo hoo! Right now I'm researching save the date magnets to send out to our select family and friends. I did not know those were so expensive! I also started to build our wedding website on http://www.theknot.com/, which is a great website by the way. I already put the date on my kitchen chalkboard with a list of things to do or purchase over the course of the year. All the Sandals resorts, which are all inclusive, have partnered with Martha Stewart to design their wedding packages. This makes it so much easier on me as a bride to be as she is a design guru and I love her style, plus the best part of it all is that one package is absolutely FREE if you stay at their resort for 6 or more nights. The colors for the Beautiful Beginnings package are magenta and white. Here is a picture of a sample bouquet I like.





The wedding package includes fresh flowers in your bouquet, on the reception table and cake but I think I will bring some inexpensive silk flowers to add more for less. I've been doing quite a bit of online research on dresses but still have yet to narrow one down and I do want to atleast try on a few in person before I officially decide on the silhouette to purchase. My budget for a dress is $300.00. I am going to wear a pair of fab blue shoes that I already own as my something blue. I will most likely get costume jewelry unless some kind soul buys me some diamonds lol Since I plan to be a makeup guru by next August by practicing and watching more Youtube videos I want to do my own makeup. Last time I had my makeup done professionally she caked so much on I looked like a different person. Not even my own mother could recognize me. 
Now for my hair that is another issue all together. I'm not sure that I trust their hotel salon to do my hair so I still need to think about that for a bit. I am not going to wear my hair natural for the wedding but instead have it blown out a lot of curls all over. We have to be in St. Lucia for the 4 day residency requirement prior to the wedding, so I would be unable to get my hair down prior to flight and have it last a full 5 days. NOT happening! Maybe I can just get it blown out here bone straight and then do the curls myself there? There is so much to do....