Popular Post

canvas afternoon

does anyone know who the artist of this piece is...I can't find out and I am dying to see more of his/her work!

Happy V-day weekend to all! I apologize for my lack of posts lately. For some odd reason, I have been completely enthralled in my school work, dedicating most of time to that and loving every moment of it. It's very bizzare because though I have always simply liked school, I am finding that I am just loving it. But then again, I'm only 3 weeks in...we'll see how I feel about it come April.

I have also received some wonderful oppertunities recently in the fashion arena of my life. I have been talking to New York based artist/illustrator/t-shirt designer, Skummi. You can check out his website @ skummi.com to check out all of his work. 
So I feel very honored to have the oppertunity to style his t-shirts along with promoting them. 
All of his t-shirts are also availible online, as well for anyone interested in purchases. 
Here is some of his awesome work:












-American Apparel Zipper High Waisted Shorts in Black
-Floral Bustier Top from Forever21
-Flower Hair Clip from Anthropologie




Also, I am very excited because American Apparel has been featuring some of my posted looks from lookbook.nu on their website/blog. (Those with AA items in them, of course). So I am very excited and honored that they like the way I style their items!!
you can check out the links...
www.americanapparel.com/rsacs301.html

In photography news...
I discovered three new photographer that I really love

#1
Ryan McGinley











I am honestly tempted to post his whole website. When I saw these images I literally, was taken aback and blown away by his very distinct and unique style. Every series maintains the same consistant warm, nostalgic, quality while encorporating these incredible, glittering sources of light. His work is so beautiful. I would reccamend checking out all of his work, you will be blow away no doubt.

#2
Terry Richardson






#3
Walter Pfeiffer









I like his work a lot too because it kind makes the reader feel as though they are spying or being a peeping tom on something naughty or weird, that they really shouldn't be seeing. It kind of exploits and violates intimacy and privacy, in a really cool way, if that makes sense. Also I like their candid, raunchy kind of feel. 

Clinic Presents Magic...
Clinic is a London based "art platform," who create presentations of art, phtography, and poetry twice a month. Their current exhibit features photography from Jeff Luker, Will Widmer, Brian Frank and more and will display poems corresponding with selected corresponding photos. I think this is a brilliant idea and something that I like to do as well.

Here is some work from one featured photographer Leon Diaper






"My work is about finding the romance within a subject. Seeing the grand ambitions and ideas  in the unlikely, be it people or a place."
Diaper in Dazed and Confused magazine.

Poems:

Take Off

A clear night and the city
drops-implode of circuit.

Across a widened breach:
still more contracting lights.

The cabin's engine rush
floods up inside. Grade by grade.
The windows each disclose
a face, up against the ice.
-Nathan Hamilton

Nothing On

Alone at last 
and plastered from the mini bar
we were looking around 
for something to amuse us
in the hotel room
when you fell upon
the Gideon Bible
in the bedside table
and made me read to you
from the book of Genesis.

If you carry on
dancing round the room like that
in your sun tan swim suit
twirling the hotel's 
complimentary fruitbowl
it won't be long 
till the page fills up
with four-letter words 
and I lose my place
in the story of the Creation.
-Hugo Williams

(fuck, i love that one.)

Last Impressions
I already miss this morning's
last embrace. I can't
remember the windscreen peeling
back like that, opened
arms of glass; only 
the soft support of falling 
through the gently slowing,
canvas afternoon

From my back I see 
a sky of sifting flour
its rhythym slow as the trail
of your nightdress
brushing the carpet of that
forgotten hotel. At least
my eyes are open; I'd never
find you in the black

when the ambulence arrives
it's night. Only
the last white shreds 
are left, holding me 
to the hem of your dress, before
the slick gloved hand 
shoves you out forever.

-Andy Parkes

Wow this poem is beautifully written and delicately composed. This poem for me, upon reading it, allowed me to visualize and create this scene in my mind. When I read the poet's explanation I was quite surprised. 
"Here's a poem that came from a question I had about most of the tv I've seen recently. In TV dramas, etc. why do they always shut the corpse's eyes?...Which got me thinking about what the dead are actually looking at/thinking about."
-Parkes

INteresting...