Popular Post

eatthewordsyoufeed





Last night you slept in my head and
planted blackened poppies and welcomed
the lady bug to come inside your new home
 and to fertilize her blooming memories who
buried themselves alive only to ressurrect your
stolen spirit and awaken the parched pansies
lying naked under my sheet-less bed along with 
a dead bird and the barren butterfly in which 
you painted upon her, a new life only to erase
every blackened speck (watching color dust to grey)
from her wounded back 
we'll suffocate in nature's pollen-less dust
and drown in rain stained with blood red
and I will choke upon each word that I never said

and then you flew away from the place in my brain
to paint someone else with your transparent pain



the beginning of a new end
a new end with no start


I still taste the tears
falling up like blank
emerald specks like
those in your eyes
as the amber sun 
blares my own and
reminds me this cannot
be real
is not real but,
for a moment
amber warmth went 
injected like bursting
stars into mine

but this is real
and the sun has set
and im left with nothing
but crimson spirit
haunting my mind
moon shining
upon each falling
regret



Misery's silent symphony
blared from your heart, 
too silent it hurt my eyes





your eyes lit with thunder
and mine, leaking emerald 
droplets through the mirrors
of your hour glass, while your
rose dries to stone and scarlett
fairy dust falls from your mouth
aging the storm, 
drying the rain
my eyes sour with candor
my rose thirsty for lies
sand through an hour glass
love like an avalanche
eternal drought, internal rain


your heart is a rose
who budded quick and
stained me red

who rots slow in
the deepest pit
and now i have no water
left to give

slow stain bleeds 
black tears water
the misery's tangled weeds

and i am too dehydrated
so i eat the words you feed


photos: Allison Scarpulla
poetry-me