Popular Post

How to Write a Winning Cv or Resume Objective

How to Write a Winning Cv or Resume Objective

When preparing your resume or CV for potential employers you may find that the hardest part to write is the “Objective”.

Although it is difficult to write, the objective is a very important to your resume. It is also considered to be important because it is what the employer will see first and you know what they say about first impressions!

In this article you will find some tips for creating a successful resume objective. Take your time with this section so you do not ruin your chances of getting that interview.

What is the Resume Objective?

This is the small, three to five sentence paragraph that is traditionally at the top of the resume directly under the header. The objective needs to include:

- the job you are applying for

- why you would be great in this position. and

- what assets will you be able to bring to the company if you should get hired.

You will always want to make sure that your objective is tailored to fit the job that you are applying for. It should never be too general or vague - employers do not like to see this. They need to know that you are interested in and qualified for the position you are applying for.

Here are three examples of what a successful resume objective should look like.

“I am interested in the Service Manager position you recently advertised. I am confident that while in this position I will be able to make the most of my management and leadership skills along with my abilities to create work schedules for employees and deal with any complaints that customers may have.”

“I am a retired elementary school teacher and am interested in the day care staff position that has recently become available. I held a kindergarten teaching position for more than 25 years and early childhood education is my passion. I would be a great asset to your center because I love being around young children and helping them discover and develop.”

“I am a certified RN who has used my skills for the last five years as head of nurses at a local assisted living facility for the elderly and disabled. I am interested in the nursing position you have available in your hospital and would love to become a part of your staff. I am very confident in my nursing abilities because it is my life and my passion. I believe that with all that I have achieved and learned throughout the decade I spend at the assisted living facility that I will be a great addition to your nursing staff.”

There’s more resume objective here including 5 more resume objective examples.

Source: