Popular Post

Got Blemishes?





Apparently you are never too old to have skin problems typically experienced during your teenage & adolescent years. I've been struggling with having completely crystal clear skin after my impromptu facial, which led to breakouts and an increase in facial hair growth. Of course I sought the consultation of my dermatologist who prescribed TriLuma for a whopping $119.00 a tube! Now this stuff does work as it contains a high percentage of
hydroquinone, which is a highly favored active ingredient in most fading cremes; however it is just too damn expensive. I started doing my research on natural skin care products to even out my skin tone and I've decided to list my findings here.





I've been using African Black Soap for about a year now on and off. I love the way my skin feels smooth and squeaky clean afterwards. My fiance', however hates that it is brown and leaves a brown residue after melting under the hot water. This is definitely the best soap for  your skin in my opinion and has helped a great deal in clearing up any blemishes. I typically buy mine from the fleamarket near my house.






In terms of cosmetics it is very light, and is excellent for moisturizing the skin. It works well as a lubricant especially for shaving. Another of the benefits of grape seed oil is that it is very high in antioxidants and contains high amounts of vitamin E, vitamin C, Beta-Carotene, and vitamin D. It is suitable for all skin types as is an excellent moisturizer. Another of the benefits of grape seed oil is that it is very useful as a hair product. I use grapeseed oil to cleanse my face of makeup and daily toxins as well as a hair moisturizer.






Vitamin E is a useful antioxidant taken internally, usually as a capsule, or used topically as an oil or skin cream.Antioxidants are like your body's truant officers. They find free radicals--delinquent oxygen molecules in your body that can kill cells, harm your body's DNA, and impair your immune system and prevent those free radicals from causing further damage. I take vitamin E internally as a supplement as well as use it on my face to fade blemishes before bed.






Lemon juice can make the skin tone even by removing unwanted scars and hyperpigmentation. It can also make the skin soft and supple. Lemon contains citric acid, which can destroy acne causing bacteria, when its juice is applied on the skin. Thus, lemon juice can prevent the development of acne and pimples. To use lemon juice on your skin squeeze about 1 tablespoon into a bowl and dab a cotton ball with the lemon juice to a clean face. Let it sit for about 15 mins then rinse. Some choose to leave overnight for darker blemishes. Now if you have sensitive skin you may choose to dilute the juice with water as to not become overwhelmed by the sometimes stinging effect citric acid can have on the skin.




Hope this helps if it applies, if not share with someone you may know. Have a great weekend ladies!