Popular Post

Best Gifts 2010

Now although this is a list of the Best gifts to give this year according to me, I am not encouraging you to  go out and spend money you don't have. First things first, if you've budgeted for your gifts, decorations and travel for Christmas this year kudos to you but if you have not already done so take a moment and assess your pay for the next two months. Determine how much you can AFFORD to spend and go from there. My list is comprised of items for all budgets. Most importantly save where you can ;0)


1. Kindle Wireless Reading Device


This is the perfect gift for any bookworm you know. Average price 189.00 USD Amazon
Speaking of reading I always buy my nephews children's books as gifts. The love for reading was given to me by my mother and I like to pass it along. You should too ;0) Plus kids books are cheap! 


2. Apple Ipad


This is simply a Kindle +, only drawback you can't take pictures with this device.
Average price 554.00 USD Amazon


3. Christmas Ornaments


I love the ornaments at Ballards Design. They have sets of 6 for $20 on some designs, which is perfect to gift to several people for the price of one! Find them at Ballards Design


4.  Spa Package


Facials and Massages are not just for women these days. A spa package can be customized to suit your gift recipient to a T. Buy a general one used at most retailers at Spa Finder


5. Coastal Scents Makeup palette


Makeup is adored by most women worldwide. I personally love this brand. Coastal Scent's colors are vibrant and last all day long. Check out Beauty Choice for pricing. You can also put together a DIY giftbag with store bought brands such as HIP by Loreal, Covergirl Queen collection and of course MAC. I would personally like the Ruby Woo lipstick this Christmas;0)


6. Linens


Yes linens are a great gift to give if you know your recipients home decor theme and style of design. I love refreshing my linen closet with new Egyptian cotton bedding, terrycloth bathtowels and washcloths. Marshalls & TJ MAXX Homegoods are always my go to stores for these. 




 7. Art


As previously posted, I found a store called Artful Living, in the Lenox Mall. Art is always a fun gift to give for a Hip gift giver lol Check them out at http://www.artfulliving.xbuild.com/ 
You can find a really unique, festive and most of all thoughtful gift there all year round. 


8. Music


Music is such timeless gift. You can pick something classic or trendy and still please just about anyone. An itunes gift card can be loaded with as little as 15.00 or go oldschool and actually purchase a cd! Right now I'm checking for Drake, Nikki Minaj, Dirty Money, Lil Wayne, Sweet Disposition and Kanye. For the DIY Diva's you can actually make someone a mix of your favorite tunes and burn a cd at home ;0)


9. Camera


Everyone loves taking pictures, can we say "Pose for Facebook", some even cherish the realm of photography. I was gifted a Cannon a few years back but I am in need of a more up to speed camera these days. I am in the market for a Nikon, seeing as how this is the favorite brand of my beau. A Nikon D3100 18-55 would suit me just fine. You may even browse a pawn shop and find one in your price range. You can get a Nikon D50mm for 124.00. Try shopping online for a reburbished one too, check out Samy's Camera.


10. A Handmade Gift


These types of gifts are the most precious. If you are crafty grab a glue gun, scissors, fabric and get to work. You can make just about anything these days with a gluegun lol Stop by your local Hobby Lobby or craft store. Hobby Lobby also has inspirational ideas on their website too! This category is also great for the chef in you, whip up some holiday treats and decorate them to suit.




Speaking of Christmas shopping do you partake in Black Friday?


Black Friday gets it's name because it is the biggest profit day of the year where most retailers will have gone from being in the red to black. I tend to think that since Blacks spend most of their income on material possessions, it is deemed a 'holiday' for the retailers because of us; therefore I encourage you all to save, save, save. If you don't have it, you don't need it and those that matter will understand. 


Happy Trails Lovelies,