Popular Post

Tid Bits about Yours Truly



Where are you from originally?

Born in St. Luke's Womans Hospital, raised in the South Bronx, NYC.



I think you’re like…28, is that right?

Almost.  I’m turning 30 this Thanksgiving ;0)



How’d you get so awesome?

Trials, tribulations, and a self reflection.  :0)



Do you keep a diary? What else do you write?

 Yes I do keep a diary and make lots of lists.  I am a serial list maker and the "To Do" list Queen.  Depending on what my life is like at the time, they sort of function as a diary.  I used to write in my diary daily and have about three diaries on my night stand, my blog serves as my mental unleashing of thoughts but the diaries are what I reveal my inner most thoughts in, that or to my fiance'.





How did you get into interior design?

I’ve always liked architecture, art, design and working with my hands.  My father is a great artist and I am secretly coveting his piece collecting dust behind my mom's dresser lol. My mother introduced me to art as a young girl and enrolled me into gifted art programs during the summers, this is when my interest piqued. It wasn't until after college when I began brushing my apartment walls with my creativity and just followed the impulse.  It’s been slowing up as of late, but I'm going to push forward and persevere.



Most influential moment/person in your life so far.

The most influential moment came when I when I purchased my home. It was a dream come true and I KNEW this was the 'one' as soon as I saw it's 'bones.' I always wanted to get into remodeling homes and my current house is my ongoing masterpiece. I surprise myself everytime I complete a personal project.





What is your hair length goal?

I would like to reach BSL (bras strap length) by my wedding next August. Overall I just enjoy learning about my natural hair in it's wild and crazy state and discovering which products work best for me.



What do you use in your hair?

I currently cowash with Suave Humectant, Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist. I clarify with Suave clarifying shampoo on really dirty days. I use my gym's sauna to deep condition my hair and skin when I can or use my hooded dryer at home. I would LOVE the Huetiful Steamer, perhaps Santa baby will gift me one this Christmas. My staples are Sebastians potion no. 9 for leave in, Cantu Shea hair repair (leave in) for moisture, Rose Water for reviving my curls, Grapeseed oil to seal my moisture in, and Knot Today for detangling.