Popular Post

I'm a Stay at home Son





 I died laughing at the movie Hangover 2 when that fool Alan said he was a "Stay at home Son" after getting off the phone with his dad. That movie was freakin hilarious but THIS ish right here is so not. The notion of having a stay at home son/daughter isn't all that far fetched because so many grown adults still live at home with their parents and for varying reasons such as they got pregnant and had to live at home with the baby for the support, they can't afford to move out, they got laid off or had some financial hardship so they came back home or they are just so spoiled and have no intention to move out.



If not for the lack of financial ability why on earth would you want to be at home with mom and dad? I remember after college graduation going back home for the summer and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of my parents house. It wasn't awful or anything but just being back in my twin sized bed with all those childhood posters on the wall everywhere made me feel like a kid again and a kid I was not! I went to college dang it and I wanted to be on my own like I was back in GA so I decided to move back to my college town and start my life here.



I once saw a video of a woman describing why she chose to still live with her parents. She said her mother knew how expensive it was out there in the real world so she wanted her kids to stay home, save as much money as possible before they went out and tasted freedom. I get it and if I stayed at home while working full time and bringing home a decent paycheck I would have taken full advantage of it too to save a couple thousand.  But my thing is how do you date when you live at home? Can you bring over your male/female visitors and if so do you feel awkward doing so?



When I think of people who have never lived on their own they can't possibly be on the same playing field as one who has when it comes to life experiences. Just the mere act of looking for an apartment, saving up money for furnishings, signing your lease, and paying bills brings a whole new reason to why you get up and go to work every morning. So on that note, what do you think about stay at home sons/daughters when it comes to dating? If you live with your parents are you opposed to dating someone who does as well? If you live alone are you opposed to dating someone who lives with their parents?



Also what about the parents who are enabling this type of dependency? Should they just give their kids an ultimatum of when to move out?