Popular Post

1 Year Hairversary

I started my hair journey March 2010 and began my Youtube journey shortly thereafter. I have learned so much from YT, it is such a great source of FREE information on basically everything under the sun. Below is my very 1st video uploaded and it is a great marker to see how far my hair has come since last year.







I decided to do a blow out on my hair using heat protectant, chi silk infusion and my blow dryer in order to give myself a 'dusting'. Dusting your ends is cutting off less hair than a trim would and is usually done more regularly than a trim, it makes your major trims last longer. My hair doesn't need a chop and this is why I decided to do it myself as if I went to a salon they would definitely go scissor happy and make my hair's shape to their personal liking. I hate that! If you decide to dust or trim at home be sure to use hair shears and not household scissors. Also your hair should be at least shoulder length so you can see what you are doing, get in good light and have ample mirrors in front and behind for good measure.



 Below is a chart of how your ends may look other than when healthy.










I can't believe it's already been a year. I recently started experiencing transitional woes because my hair never seemed to retain the moisture I imparted with my conditioning treatments. I also realized that I am a space heater junkie and often put my skin and hair in dry environments causing MORE dryness to occur so I need to get out of that habit smh The Huetiful hair steamer definitely made the most difference even moreso than any conditioner ever has. Currently my hair is cut into multiple layers and is growing out quite nicely. ☺ After I dusted my ends last night I sectioned my hair and smoothed it down with my Nourish & Shine by Jane Carter, then I put in two big braids and let it out this morning. I like beachy effect the two braids gave my hair and it was such a quick style that I will do it through the weekend. My issue is I hate wearing the same style for too long so having to find other low maintenance styles that suit my fancy is a doosy. 



Oh and my fiance' decided smh that I shall wear my hair in HIS favorite style on me for the wedding so that nix's out the spiral/messy curls I was envisioning lol but to his credit the other style is easier. It is a simple updo with my hair slicked back and rolled into a messy pin up with cascading curls from the top down the side. I think I can manage that  ♥