Popular Post

Presidential Hair

Time Magazine ~ Nicole Fineman


I was overjoyed to hear that Barack Obama won the Presidential race and would be living in the White House with his Black wife, daughters and mother in law. I remember coming in to work the next morning and high 5ing a few other women of color. Shortly thereafter the media started focusing on The First Lady, Michelle Obama, with a fine tooth comb from her dresses right down to the hairs on her head. I must say that The First Lady never seems to have a hair out of place when standing side by side with Mr. President but as a black woman I know she definitely has a great team of experts to help her look that great. I mean I just can't imagine Michelle sleeping with her satin bonnet next the President and unwrapping her doobie in the morning can you? lol That would be so funny if she did go to bed with a scarf on.



Anywhoo I got to thinking what if The First Lady decided she wanted to start rocking bantu knot outs, twist outs, braid outs and wash n go's at The White House? How do you think she would be received by her own community? I tend to feel that women and more particularly black women are more critical and judgmental of their own peers than the 'others' seem to be. Do you agree or disagree?



Is the U.S.A ready for a First Lady with kinky hair?