Popular Post

don't be afraid to care...


photo cred: the facebook of Taschka Turnquist
(haha)

Well, finals weeks is here for me! wooo, so I may be posting much less or much more (in attempt to pretend to study on the computer). I don't know. Either way, wish me luck. Oceanography is killing me. Not that it is that challenging of a course or anything but, I am taking it online so my procrastination has indeed, caught up with me.


I am extremely upset with lookbook.nu.
They have this contest going on right now for American Apparel in which you submit a look with at least one AA piece. I submitted this one and, in just two days, there was like 800 hype or something like that on it which was super exciting because the prize is a chance to model for them or to get 25% off their website merchandise. Anyway, for some odd reason, people seemed to really like my photo/look. Then, Sunday morning, I received an email informing me that my look was going to be deleted because I had violated one of the rules. Apparently, my look was too obscured through photo shop. I only made it black and white and like the sephia setting or something. SO DUMB! I was really hoping for that 25% OFF! Oh well...

In other American Apparel news, they are having a rummage sale, here in San Diego, on Sunday...


I know its bad and I know AA has a ton of issues with sexual harassment/abuse with their workers and models but, I just love their raw/untouched and sometimes just, straight up raunchy photography!




In magazine news, the new ID is fucking rad!!! It has three different covers. One, with it girl Lara Stone, the other with some random model, and the best one, I think it black and white with iconic supermodels Claudia Schiffer, Helena Christensen, and Eva H. Not really sure how to spell her last name!
I think its genius! Lots of wonderful editorials inside as well....




Italian Vogue...Winter Issue
I love this issue. Shot by the brilliant, Steven Miesel, this issue pokes fun at our internet/crazy social networking obssessed society. It makes fun of all the twitter obsessed celebrities and what not. This is why I love Miesel so much as a photogrpaher because he always shoots these incredible fashion spreads with some kind of political or social concept hidden by beautiful models and remarkable styling. This was a good one.



Sonia Rykiel for H&M
here's one colab. to be excited about! One of my favorite designers Sonia Rykiel (aka the Queen of Knits) will be designing a full fashion line with an emphasis on knit wear of course, coming out in February for HM. Her lingerie collection for the superstore is already out and it is simply beautiful. I love it. But, here is a sneak peak for her spring line! I can't wait!!!





Rodarte for Target will be in out a total of SIX DAYS!
Dec. 20th the ultra anticipated collection comes out in stores!


Looks killer!
see ya at Tar-jay.

Since I have been having a bunch of lovely rainy weather here in San Diego, I was reading this poem the other day and I found it really adorable...enjoy!

It's Raining Love

I don't know what it is,
but I distrust myself
when I start to like a girl
             a lot.

It makes me nervous.
I don't say the right things
or perhaps I start to examine,
                      evaluate,

                                      compute
what I am saying.

If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"
and she says, "I don't know,"
I start thinking, Does she really like me?

In other words,
I get a little creepy.

A friend of mine once said,
   "It's twenty times better to be friends
                  with someone
than it is to be in love with them."

I think he's right and besides,
it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
and keeping snails happy.
        That's all taken care of.

                  BUT
if a girl likes me a lot
and starts getting real nervous
and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
and she says things like,
"Do you think it's going to rain?"
and I say, "it beats me,"
and she says, "Oh,"
and looks a little sad
at the clear blue California sky,
I think: Thank God, it's you, baby, this time
                      instead of me.

~Richard Brautigan

I just love the childish tone of this poem along with its anxious, nervous energy. I can totally envision this scenario and reminds me a lot of how I am when I have a crush on someone and how I feel and just, over think everything. I also love the way he composed the poem. The placing of the words as well as the capitilaztion of some words really emphasized the tone! Love love love.....