Popular Post

My Butt is Big & that's just fine





Here is another one of the Nike women ads shared by my friend on Facebook. This is circa 2005 yet is still quite relevant today. I love the statements "It's a space heater and my ambassador for those that walk behind me!" lol That is so cute! I think the notion of embracing your curves is one that relates to many women who before were trying to be high school skinny. I actually drive past a large billboard encouraging women to be high school skinny in Buckhead everyday and roll my eyes EVERYDAY. Why not promote overall health and stop making people revert back to adolescence. I'm all about healthy lifestyles "Love for Self, Love for Health ™" that's my motto.


BUT you know what burns me up about this entire body image phenomenon, the people who are uncomfortable with themselves and in turn try to make you uncomfortable with yourself. Why is it that those who are overweight and/or obese make comments like "Nobody wants to hold on to a bean pole!" This sends the message to those who are naturally thin that they are not attractive and so the cycle continues. Keep your opinions to yourself, you can't possibly know what EVERY man or woman wants. Just say YOU don't want to hold onto a beanpole and prefer your woman or man with more meat on their bones and leave it at that. 


The same principle goes for those who are naturally thin and always referring to those who are larger in size as cows, pigs, sloppy etc There are plus sized people who are healthier than some of those slimmer ones out there throwing stones. Did you know that one of the most glorified women for her beauty is diabetic? Yes Halle Berry has Type 2 diabetes so that just goes to show you that you can be slim and still suffer from being unhealthy. Read here about her battle with diabetes. "None of my family had suffered from the illness and although I was slightly overweight in school, I thought I was pretty healthy." says Halle. Another slim celeb, Monica, suffers from high blood pressure. Read here about her battle. I'm changing my eating patterns. " I was addicted to Lawry's Seasoning Salt on my soul food - addicted to Old Bay seasoning. That stuff was killing me slowly. I ain't even been around long enough yet!"says Monica.


So you see, my message today is to be HEALTHY no matter what size you are. Eating healthy foods, exercising often and drinking ample water should be a regimen that everyone follows, it's not just for the vain, tree huggers and beanpoles of the world ♥




"Love for Self, Love for Health ™" Lipstick Diva