Popular Post

the air is in love

Happy New Year!
Just as a reminder for everyone...don't forget to write your holiday thank you notes/cards.
A text or an email doesn'y count.
Recieving and even writing a handwritten letter is simple, corteous gesture that is always so pleasant and far more meaningful than something done via the computer or cell.
It is kind of sad to me that this practice is becoming some what obselete with the progression of technology...





company of people.



Yesterday evening at dusk, my friend and I were driving home from downtown San Diego. The sun was almost completely fallen but through the dark sky there were subtle patches of this beautiful, glowing lilac and sherbert orange.
It almost took my breath away at the clouds peeking though the buildings, it was so beautiful.
It made me want to fall in love again.
I don't know, that's the only way I can describe things that just have that indescribably superb, almost paralyzing beauty. It's like falling in love. It's just...a body high like nothing else. That's how this looked...like love?
Anyway, it was a nice way to end the first day of 2010 and it kind of made me inhale a breath of hope and ambition. I felt like, for the first time in a while, everything was going to be okay, and even good.
And it inspired me to write a little too.
Lately, I have really been loving the very short poems.
Just one stanza or sometimes even just a couple of lines.


-Jeremy Liebman
I love this photo for some reason so much. I think it's because everytime I see this view when I am on a plane, I become so nostalgic and peaceful because, like the view last night, its beauty kind of tranquilizes me.
And travelling gives me a lot of time to think.
and write.


this one's incredible too.


1.

last night i looked at the sky
and the ambition in its colors,
the cloud's melodic lie
it made me think of you again
the way the wind blew his silent cries
the way I exhaled the pink destruction
so deeply hiding in your eyes.


2.
Last night I looked above at the sky
and the colors, like a rainbow symphony in love for the first time
forced a tear of joy down through my eye
And, for the first time
 I didn't even wonder why.

I can't feel anything more beautiful than 
that view;
nothing else with the air 
could have blown more true.
-Mia Maguire
Jan, 2 2010






I think this verified my belief for me. 
I think it's true, and that's okay.
It doesn't mean you won't find love ever again or never be happy without them, it just means that you will always think of them, maybe even daily, and smile when you look back on all the memories.
But, I think I will always wonder what it could have been. 


PLAYLIST (currently)
The Arcade Fire-cars and telephones
Death Cab-title and registration
The Velvet Underground- i'll be your mirror
Cat Power-I found a reason
Bright Eyes- I will be greatful for this day
Elliott Smith-fond farewell
The Black Lips- bad kids
Sonic Youth- I'm not there (cover)
Yo La Tengo-black flowers
The Smiths-bigmouth strikes again
Andre Nickatina-train with no love / killer whale
Moby and Gwen Stefani- Southside
GIRLS-lust for life
The Temptations-my girl


I am still really fascinated with the collective art website the company of people.com
Here are some photos from the photography section...







-Michael Otero







-Marlene Marino

Misc.