Popular Post

Apple Cider Vinegar is for Pets too!

ACV rinses aren't just good for human hair but also good for your pets as well. As a dog owner I try to take great care of my pups because I love them but also because I know if I don't the vet will definitely charge to restore their health. The other day I noticed that my dogs were gnawing at their paws a bit and at first I thought it was just normal self grooming until Rambo seemed irritated with one particular leg and whelped out loud as if he was being bitten. I looked online to see if there were any home remedies for fleas or ticks and to my surprise Apple Cider Vinegar can be used on pets as well.



Fleas, flies, ticks and bacteria, external parasites, ring worm, fungus, mange, etc., are unlikely to inhabit a dog whose system is acidic inside and out. Should you ever experience any of these with your dog, bathe with a nice gentle herbal shampoo -- one that you would use on your own hair -- rinse thoroughly, and then sponge on ACV diluted with equal amounts of warm water. Allow your dog to drip dry. It is not necessary to use harsh chemicals for minor flea infestations. All fleas drown in soapy water and the ACV rinse makes the skin too acidic for a re-infestation. If you are worried about picking up fleas when you take your dog away from home, keep some ACV in a spray bottle, and spray your dog before you leave home, and when you get back. Take some with you and keep it in the car, just in case you need it any time. Obviously for major infestations, more drastic measures are necessary. ACV normalizes the pH levels of the skin, makes your dog unpalatable to even the nastiest of bacteria and you have a dog that smells like a salad, a small price to pay! I don't particulary love the smell of ACV so using a bit of natural oil such as lavendar will do the trick and is also great at soothing skin irritations and warding off pests.