Popular Post

Are you drinking enough water?







Today I decided to detox my body. Lately I've been feeling a bit bloated and weighed down probably partially due to things like salt, sugar, my cold and the fact that I'm not drinking as much water as I should. I love water and it is super hydrating but let's be honest, margaritas taste way better! lol I have a big problem with drinking water when I'm drinking alcohol. I can down two margaritas without taking a sip of the chilled glass of water on the table and I know better. smh So with that said I'm detoxing my body by putting in more fruits, veggies and water starting today.



Water is vital in order for our bodies to function; it lubricates eyes and joints, flushes out toxins and waste, and keeps our skin healthy.

About two-thirds of our body weight is water. However, we need it all - losing just one percent of our body weight due to fluid loss can cause dehydration and any more than that can lead to serious medical complications. And remember we're constantly losing water, by sweating or urinating, so by drinking we're keeping our supplies topped up.



You've often heard that you are to drink 8 glasses of water a day but what does that really mean? We are all of a different make up so what is required for one person certainly may not satisfy another. I decided to look up how much water I need for my weight and lifestyle and this is what I found:



A person who is 135 pounds and is exercising for 60 minutes , is not pregnant,  is not breastfeeding, does not live at a high altitude, lives in a dry climate,drinks 0 alcoholic drink(s) well on that day lol, when the weather is very hot or very cold, and is not sick with fever or diarrhea should have:



97.5 ounces of water today, or 2.9 liters.


So figuring that an average bottle of water is 16 ounces I would have to drink 4.2 bottles per day to satisfy my body.


If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 78 ounces of water today, or 2.3 liters.





Water is an obvious source for your daily fluid needs. Other good beverages include milk, herbal teas, low-sodium broth, 100% fruit and vegetable juices. Soft drinks will also count toward your daily total of fluid, just remember that sugar sweetened soft drinks and fruit juices add extra calories to you daily diet that you don't need.



If you would like to try your hydration calculator click here.