Popular Post

My Hair Journey

I have been natural for most of my life. My mother, a non hair doing diva, used to straighten my hair with the old school hotcomb on the stove technique. I hated letting her do my hair and from around the tender age of about 10 or so I took over! Geesh thanks Mom but I got this now smh LOL When I went to college I decided to let loose since she never let me perm my hair I put in a chestnut brown color AND got a perm. Well why on Earth did I do that? My hair fell out by the handful but since I had so much you couldn't even tell but I could. After my little renegade stage I started dyeing my hair back to jet black. Then one day I wanted it short so I cut it all off in a Halle Berryesque style, which I loved but it grew out so quickly. Now I'm back to black and began my healthy natural hair journey this past March. In 2011 I have a goal of BSL (Bra Strap Length) by August and WL (Waist Length) in the following year.

Enjoy my pictorial time line below.





Elementary School in Harlem NYC




Rocking the Short Hair cut
Growing my short cut out




Almost to my shoulders




Shoulder length




Ready for Work




Just got it done at the Dominicans


A bit longer now and back to black


June 2009 at Taylor's Wedding
Got a cut




May 2010


Same Day






Started wearing it all natural/transition/wild and crazy lol




More Wild and Crazy with Rambo looking scared lol




Natural at Work




Perfected my Bantu Knot out YES




Piedmont Park profiling lol 




Puffy hair,  ♥ it





October 2010 Homecoming




My Hair Now