Popular Post

#CurlGirlsRock! ATL

Last night I ventured to Harlem Nights lounge in downtown Atlanta for the Curly Girls Rocks event. I heard so much hype about this natural ladies event through Facebook & Twitter that I just had to be there PLUS there were goodie bags, can't pass up the chance to try products for FREE ;) Traffic was horrid getting downtown from my job but when I finally arrived I was content. I managed to be positioned next to some great women in line with all types of curly manes. It was cool just people watching and seeing all the different kinky, coily and curly textures in line, not to mention the fabulous afros and locs!



Harlem Nights was slowly filled with about the estimated 500 tickets sold. There were vendors such as African Pride, who gave away sample packs of their Olive Miracle anti-breakage cream, a free massage by Natural Body spa, my facial place and I actually got a deep tissue massage before from the massuese on site, and a company called Lamik who was doing makeovers as well as a chance to get a fresh & free manicure. I opted to stand in line for what seemed like forever for my free manicure. Mine turned out OK. My thumb didn't fully dry though and in turn got smashed up. I didn't want to bother to have her redo it because I thought the line was long enough and it irritated me having to wait so long so I just got up and let the next woman cool her heels. I did get to try a new peach color that I am swooning over from OPI so I just might pick that up.



Shortly after the place filled up the three bloggers of the evening, Lexi with the Curls, Mahogany Bella and Me, My Hair & the City started the raffle prizes. I was hoping to win something but my feet were telling me the prize wasn't worth another minute standing up in the crowd so I departed shortly after Taren916 & Natural Chica decided to leave.



I ended my evening around 8:30 or so but I am pleased that I attended; especially to try out my new free goodies. My particular goodie bag came with a sample of Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine, Karen's body beautiful's Heavenly Jojoba oil, Hydratherm Naturals moisture boosting deep treatment, Juices & Berries by oyin and a bunch of Olive oil deep condish by Sof n Free. Color U Cosmetics was also in the house. Sherita of Perfectly Pretty did the fab makeup of the models on site.





Check out some of my pictures. I didn't get a chance to snap photos of Natural Chica & Afrobella but I did get one of my favorite youtubers Taren916! ;0)