Popular Post

Black Girls Hike 2







I'm super excited to go hiking with the girls. I invited a bunch of my gal pals to hike with me on Saturday at Kennesaw Mountain. I started hiking there last year in an effort to lose weight and my first 10 lbs dropped off with little effort. Now don't get me wrong, it's hard but so worth the pain. The trails there are SO beautiful. I'm an outdoorsy kind of gal anyway even though I grew up in the concrete jungles of the South Bronx. I just feel so at home in nature, listening to the sounds of thousands of insects, birds and small woodland creatures scurrying about, watching the hawks soaring above, smiling at the happy hikers passing by and dreaming that I too will soon be a mom pushing my three wheeled stroller up the mountain with my kid in the sac. Do you like doing outdoor activities as well? You should give it a try! I remember going camping as a child and sleeping in my sleeping bag, swimming in streams and even eating berries and leaves off of certain trees at my Sleep Away camp in the Pocono's. I loved playing with bugs and animals as a child too lol they just fascinated me. Yes I was very much a tomboy and now I wear high heels every day lol but I still have that rugged side ;0)


Have a great weekend gals!