Popular Post

Make your Hair SHINE

Today I used Jazzing by Clairol for a cellophane treatment. I usually buy Ebony and Clear, mix them both together and apply to my hair after it has been cleaned. I leave it on for about 30 mins without heat, although the directions say to use it, then rinse. The clear makes my hair super shiny and cellophane is purported to seal your hair cuticles to reduce frizzy and add uber sheen. I love this product and highly recommend it for the Ebony (black) and Clear colors. I have never used any others so I can't comment on their color deposit. I try to do this treatment once per month to keep my hair super duper jet black and amazingly shiny ;0) Black hair looks healthier to me than any other hair color. I have also tried Henna to impart color and strength but that turned out to be so messy although I do intend on purchasing a Jamila brand and giving it another try very soon.

























Clairol Jazzing translucent hair color shades spice up colored, permed and relaxed hair with temporary or semi-permanent results. Dramatic shades add sizzling, vibrant color to African American hair. Soft shades are subtle, adding richness and depth to natural hair color. Shines, conditions and all that jazz! For natural, colored, permed, or relaxed hair.













The “cellophane” treatment is actually a semi-permanent color service that uses no pigment in the hair color formula. Instead clear glossing agents are used which get deposited into the hair adding substance and shine by filling and plumping the shaft and sealing the cuticle layer. The result is hair that looks healthier and shinier, and feels silkier than before. It also makes the natural color more vibrant and lush by increasing the light refraction due to the shine.





Other tips to keep your tresses shiny:





Clean healthy hair has a natural sheen so keep it clean as possible and avoid product build up.





Make your last rinse a COLD one. Cold water seals the hair cuticle.





Use an ACV rinse also known as Apple Cider Vinegar to induce shine and remove hard water minerals.