Popular Post

Indian Brides













I absolutely LOVE how ornate the Indian wedding traditional garb, jewelry, decor and makeup is, it is simply stunning! I was thinking about the wedding today in terms of my Bachelorette party. I think I want to have some type of dance class and then a henna tattoo artist come to paint the hands and feet of my friends. I love how henna tattoos look on the hands and feet.



Two or three days before wedding ceremonies in India, the Indian bride gathers her female relatives for the mehndi ceremony, where everyone’s hands and feet are decorated with henna designs. The bride’s mehndi patterns are the most elaborate as it is supposed to bring her good luck in her new life as a married woman.

Waiting for her mehndi to dry allows the Indian bride to relax before the hectic wedding and to be waited on hand and foot, literally. This is also the chance for the bride to clear any doubts about married life and to receive ample advice on the matter. The mehndi ceremony is a joyous get-together that unites friends and relatives and friends.