Popular Post

Loving & Cheating







Traditional marriage vows ask couples to "forsake all others." Marrying partners look each other deep in the eye and say "yes." But does monogamy work? LOVING & CHEATING explores the gray areas of commitment and infidelity and with ardor and provocation. We watched this very interesting documentary last night on relationships in terms of monogamy so I turn to you for discussion.



Where do your ideals about relationships stem from? Did they develop as a result of your religious viewpoints, from societal norms or your parental influences? I grew up in a two parent household and attended as well as practiced Catholic religion up until I went to college. My viewpoints on marriage were always very shaky as I never believed it was 'happily ever after' as far as I could observe. Even though I knew that if I did embark on the journey down the aisle it would be until death do us part AND totally monogamous.



I find it very interesting that a couple can practice an open marriage because I see it as just being something you share with one partner; however after viewing this documentary, I now know that many people practice open marriage, polyamory and polygamy for various personal reasons besides sex. Still, how do you overcome the natural tendency of jealousy when it comes to your mate to allow another being to enter into your union? I'm still a bit fuzzy on that one.



At the end of the day, I'm not God and judgment shall not come from me so to each his/her own. The traditional set up of marriage definitely isn't for everyone and we all should be able to do as we see fit for our own 'happily ever after' ending. What do you think?





You can watch the full feature Here on Hulu.com