Popular Post

The Best Things in Life are Free

Well.....almost free. I wanted to share some of the best home remedies for hair and skincare to get ready for my Hair & Makeup Tips & Sips Soiree.



If you are like me your hair in it's natural state is way too big for the regular clear shower plastic cap so why not reach for your stored grocery bags and use them? Simply put the bag on your head with the handles towards the front, tie a knot and tuck it under. Then once you're finished you can rinse it and save or toss with little effort. I like to use these for deep conditioning treatments but a plastic bonnet works fine for water protection on a daily basis.



Want shiny hair? Make a shine pomade at home with egg and mayonnaise. I used this method in high school when my hair was in it's healthiest and longest state. Simply beat an egg or mix mayo and apply to your hair evenly. Let it sit for 30 mins for mayo or even over night and about 5 mins for the egg, rinse with COOL water and your mane will be ever so shiny.



Beer is also very good for shiny hair. Grab one from your pantry and pour over your clean hair while in the shower. Gently rinse with cool water to seal cuticles as usual.



The same can be said for Apple Cider Vinegar. I've used this and I have to say it does work! Rinse with ACV while in the shower and do a final rinse of cool water to seal. ACV works well to remove oil buildup too as well as toner for skin.



For dry hair infuse your conditioning treatments with oils like Olive or Castor, let it sit for 30 to 45 mins and rinse with cool to seal.