Popular Post

Wig Challenge



As you may know I embarked on my natural hair journey this time last year. I am excited to have reached my 1 year Chemical FREE journey and it doesn't even seem like a full year passed. Boy does time fly when you're having fun! ☺



Pictured above is me today at work. I am sporting my light brown short cut wig and decided to challenge myself with a protective style marathon before it gets too hot here to be wearing this 'hat' as Jason likes to call them lol I'm not quite sure how long I will challenge myself with this task so I don't even want to say a length of time but I do want to put forth an effort to do it for longer than a week. My main reason for doing so is because my length retention is more noticeable when I wear my hair curly and use no or low maintenance styling techniques. Last year I went 6 months wearing my hair curly and was shocked at how well my hair did and grew. When I was seen at work with my 'new' hair all the guys made a huge ordeal about it. I had to break down and tell them my real hair is braided underneath so they would stop crowding around me like a zoo animal full of wows and wonder. smh