Popular Post

THICKNESS Big Boned Beauty Queens

I can't even recall when was the first time I heard the now coined term, 'thickness', in relation to curvaceous women but I haven't stopped hearing it since. Now there is a HUGE difference between being 'thick' and 'fat'. In my humble opinion if you have a gut and all that jazz plus big thighs and a big butt you are not 'thick' but more like plush and some perhaps oversized aka overweight. I am all for applauding the curvy women of America, I think the skinny women get way too much of the pedestal action and NO real women don't have curves. You are just as real if you don't have hips, a butt or a big bust. I just don't like the fact that women think 'most black men' prefer thicker women because this tends to advocate the unhealthy lifestyles associated with our culture leading to diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer. I used to aspire to be bigger or 'thicker' than I am/was but now that I'm more comfortable in my skin I just want to be me. ;0)



What's your take on the spoken word's homage to 'thickness?"