Popular Post

Is There Really Such a Thing as Big Boned?







I am sure there is some difference in the diameter and size of bones between individuals. I mean bone length is why we are all different heights right? So it would make sense that some of us have thicker bones than others. However, what I don't know is whether or not that has much bearing in how we look on the outside.When I think of mammals with big bones I think of dinosaurs. Are we comparing larger sized humans with 'big bones' to that of a dinosaur? From what I can see yes we all come in different shapes and sizes but we aren't THAT much different from each other. There aren't any 12 foot people walking around here are there?



BMI    =   weight (kg)

           height (m)X height (m)
The healthy range for BMI is 20 to 25. This is suitable for moderately physically active people. A person who engages in muscle building may increase their BMI with muscle rather than fat. But once BMI exceeds 30, there is definite overfatness. Likewise, a person who is inactive and undergoes muscle wasting may have a low BMI and still too much fat.



Take a look at the picture below. One person is obviously much heavier than the other but their bones don't seem to be grossly larger. 









Just some food for thought.  I've heard experts say big-bones are a myth.  But what do you all think???