Popular Post

Disconnect to get reacquainted with YOUR VISION



I remember when SATC first started, macs became all the rage amongst the aspiring writers, fashionista's and single women everywhere. I was even influenced and purchased my very first mac baby way back when. I started thinking this weekend about purposeful time and how to spend my time wisely. I often spend countless hours on the internet without much purpose and although reconnecting with friends on FB is purposeful it will not help me achieve my Vision of success through the avenues of writing, travel and fashion this year. So for starters I swapped out my personal FB page to my Lipstick Manual page. I plan to only interact with my readers on there so I don't spend much time with senseless banter on people's questions of the day. I also deleted a few 'weeds' from my friends list. We already nixed the cable in my house so I don't have the temptation of watching other people's reality, which can be very time consuming. I have SO many great books of inspiration in my library that I can read as opposed to watching television.



Now I just need to buckle down and carve out my time after work to dedicate focused and driven efforts towards writing/blogging and research towards living out my dreamboard. I've decided to relocate my vision boards to my workspace as this is where I spend most of the time on the computer. I'm excited with this new drive to push forward and grab life by the horns. March is steadily approaching and I don't want to have not accomplished all that I can in this year's first quarter. Sometimes all you need is to give yourself a little push to get you where you want to be. YES  you can have it all ;0)



I once heard from a friend that you have to separate yourself from the pack in order to lead. This goes with social circles alike. I've been meaning to do this since last year and was merely toying around with the idea. It's nothing personal but sometimes you have to leave people behind that no longer suit your interests. Surround yourself with like minded people and those in places where you see yourself going.



You can't be an extraordinary woman doing ordinary things.


It's okay that you don't watch television and prefer to read. It's okay that you have a Vision Board and are focusing on your dreams. It's okay that you don't club and hang out in the crowds you used to. The first step to becoming EXTRAORDINARY is leaving the ordinary behind.....